This is a short guide on how to use a proxy server (Polipo with Tor), which is available in 4MLinux Server Edition, 4MLinux Allinone Edition, and TheSSS.
1) Open your terminal and execute the 'proxy' command:
2) Let's start the server ('proxy start') and check if it really runs ('proxy test'). After you execute these two commands, Links web browser will be opened:
3) Open /etc/polipo/readme.txt to get essential info about your proxy server:
4) The operating mode of Polipo ('memory', 'disk', or 'tor') can be set in its configuration file (i.e. /etc/polipo/polipo.conf):
5) By default, none of 4MLinux servers is started automatically during the boot, but you can change this by setting 'proxy' to 'yes' in the /etc/server/autostart.conf file:
FTP - HTTP - SSH - TELNET - FIREWALL - PROXY - MONITORING